Our office will reopen for routine care on May 26, 2020. While many things have changed, one thing has remained constant: our unyielding commitment to your safety and well-being.
At your next visit, you may notice a few changes as we update some protocols to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Infection Control Protocols:
The application of the strictest, evidenced-based universal infection control measures has always been the top priority for our practice, and we will continue to follow the latest recommendations from the CDC. As you approach your next appointment, these are a few changes you may notice:
- Our office will text you beforehand to ask some requisite screening questions via an online questionnaire to confirm that you are healthy enough to proceed with your planned visit to our office. If it is not received by 1 pm the day before your appointment we may have to cancel/reschedule your appointment. We request your kind understanding if we need to reschedule your appointment secondary to concerns about your health and well-being.
- You will receive a 2nd Pre-Screening text 2 hours before your appointment. Both Pre-Screening questionnaires are required before entering our office.
- A team member will greet the patient upon entering the office. We will then scan the patient's temperature.
- The patient will be escorted into the operatory to wash hands and do a pre-procedural mouth rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse to help minimize any bacterial or viral transmission in the saliva as recommended by the American Dental Association.
- We have hand sanitizer and hand washing stations throughout the office that we will encourage you to use.
- Anyone entering the office MUST wear their own face covering / mask.
- Appointments will be continued to be managed to allow for appropriate social distancing between patients. This may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We appreciate your continued understanding with respect to the availability of certain types of appointments.
- We will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces in the reception area including door handles. We have also increased the frequency of professional cleanings performed in our office.
- We are asking that all patients please brush and floss their teeth at home directly prior to coming in for their appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room is not currently offering magazines since they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- To limit the number of people in our office, only the patient shall be allowed in our office during their appointment.
- We have staggered all appointments to reduce the number of bodies in the waiting room. Please be on time to your appointment so that our social distancing strategy can be effective for the health and safety of all of our patients and team members.
- We have installed air purifiers with UV light throughout the office and have invested in additional aerosol reducing armamentarium for our practice.
- You may notice a reduction in aerosol producing procedures such as the use of hand scaling instead of the ultrasonic scaler during hygiene appointments.
- You will notice a $15 per patient PPE fee added to each appointment.
If we need to reschedule your appointment, we will contact you over the next few weeks to arrange your new appointment. If you don’t hear from us or do not have a future scheduled appointment, please contact our office at 415-982-4277 or email us at email@example.com. We appreciate your patience while will do our best to reschedule your appointment in a timely manner.
We are unable to provide dental treatment to anyone who is a confirmed COVID-19 case, is suspected to have COVID-19 or has come into contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case and has not been tested. If you are unsure, or even if you have cold and flu-like symptoms, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment. It is safer for our clinic and the community as a whole, if we defer your appointment by a few weeks, where there is even the slightest potential for COVID-19 transmission.
Thank you in advance for your compliance and consideration of all of these requirements. We understand the burden that this has on you and your family and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we adhere to these guidelines. If you have any questions in regards to these new protocols, please feel free to reach out to us.
Finally, thank you for continuing to entrust your dental care to our experienced team. We sincerely appreciate your trust and loyalty and very much look forward to welcoming you back into our practice.
The Shepard & Bhuva Dental Partners Team